martes, 8 de septiembre de 2009

It’s not ALL negative...

I realized I have been doing a good job describing my mess-ups, mistakes, and seemingly negative relations with the locals...but haven’t taken much time (or any) to share my positive experiences and impressions of this wonderful place. First off, my apartment where I am living with mi mami, Vilma, es increible. The doorways, elevators, and stairs are like nothing I have personally encountered in the U.S. ...in fact, they don’t even seem to belong in this era. Complete with marble floors, manually sliding elevator doors, and wall-size mirrors, walking into the apartment everyday makes me feel like I am walking onto a 1920’s movie set. Que lindo! Tambien, much of the city is made up of very OLD-looking buildings of gray concrete, decorated with thick black steel gates/spiral staircases, and even some elaborate stained glass. There are a few awesome parks in our area that have beautiful stone statues and monuments, and some of the busier city-like shopping areas contain wide cobblestone streets, just for pedestrians...and boy, do the pedestrians fill them up -- Rosario is a busy place! :)


The food situation here...has been an interesting one...haha. There is a large variety of delicious foods that are popular among Rosario residents. I have tasted absolutely delectable empanadas, fantastic ice cream (about 4 times already), perfectly cooked steak, nicely fried french fries, wonderful pasta, A LOT of dulce de leche, A LOT of coffee, some traditional yerba mate, a bit of flan (eh..), awesome pesto ravioli, a yummy toasted sandwich mixto, some scrumptious chicken, a delightful pizza with pineapple and “salsa golf”, and last but not least, some delish/sort of frightening “paella de mariscos” that came complete with mussels, and small, in-tact tentacles that derived from some sort of sea creature. Mmmmhmmmm. 


1 comentario:

  1. I love so much that you listed all of the foods you have consumed. And even more so that you have had ice cream 4 times.

    ResponderEliminar